Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meridian 1 Disconnect Tone 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MERCYET

Technical User
Apr 24, 2008
US
I'm trying to find what tone my system uses for detecting a disconnect.

Thanks,
David

David;

I think you'll need to be a bit clearer about what you're seeking to get much useful help here.

1) What Meridian system are you using?

2) Are you located in North America?

3) Are you asking how your system detects that a call has been terminated between 2 phones on that system or are you asking how your system detects that a call has been terminated on one of your trunks?

Regards,
Harry
"The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson

Thanks for the response Harry,

My system is a Meridian 1.

I'm hooking a Telular Phonecell sx5e gsm fixed wireless terminal to an analog extension on the pbx. I can't get the "off-hook" light on the terminal to go out. The paperwork that came with the Telular terminal says: "The sx5e is able to detect both a pbx diconnect tone and an analog diconnect pulse. When a pbx detects a hang-up, the sx5e must be told to also release the line. This is typically done by either a disconnect pulse or disconnect tone, but is pbx specific". I can't fine this in the meridian 1 documentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back