Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meridiam 81C SIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonGriff

Technical User
Feb 10, 2005
GB
We have a client who currently has a Meridian 81C running Succession 4.0 and Communications Mangager. We're looking to integrate a SIP based platform for Voice Applications. The thought process is to replicate a number of Sip extensions for each voice port. Can anyone explain the minimum software and hardware configuration we would need to implement such a solution?

I just know a little about SIP, but i have been aware that SIP is not working so good on Nortel.
Nortel still offering H323 instead of SIP cause their solution is not stable...
Wait and see

Definitly not ready for prime time as far as SIP support goes. I went to some Global Knowledge classes starting the day 4.0 was released, they kept hammering away that everything was going to SIP blah blah. We were netowrking some sites and decided to use sip trunks (as that was all they talked about) and had nothing but trouble. When I called Nortel the techs were like why would you use SIP? We dont support it. Stay H.323. Depending on what you are trying to accomplish you should be able to do the same with H.323 trunks.

JB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back