Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meridan Mail vs. CallPilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiagiSan

IS-IT--Management
Aug 1, 2005
CA
Hello,

My company is thinking of switching from Meridian Mail(13) to CallPilot v. 2.0 I am currenly using Symposium v. 4.2 for my voice mail boxes and call treatments.

I would appreciate any feedback anyone has on such a move. Will I be losing any current functionality that I enjoy with MMail? Are there any hidden costs? etc...

Thank you very much.

R

current rls of callpilot is rls 3 which runs on windows2003 and call pilot 4 is G.A very soon or maybe allready,but it does have all the functions of m-mail with the biggest advantage of being able to administer the call-pilot via a browser.

good luck

Functionality: CallPilot does not support Voice Forms (maybe 4.0 does) Otherwise it's like for like and much more.

Hidden Costs: Continual Windows security updates.

This is great, thank you very much!

MiagiSan

I've moved few MMail to CP... I like CallPilot..
The biggest advantiges for me are.. as said before.. the webadministration, speed of administration and i really like the Application Builder...
To make a menu, annoucements and so... it's much more faster and comfortabler as in MM... even i think the MMail is one of the best products that Nortel ever did ;)

also if your use to Remote Activation you won't have it in CallPilot, and Cascading remote notification is gone. CallPilot is a better system but there are a couple area's that it seemed to go backwards on.

Multisignaling on phones from a single box is missing too ... waiting for it in CP 4.
We just did try to migrate with a strong usage of mail (IVR/Mail/Access) in Call Center, and you've got to be cautious about do and don't. Except that, fine product for everyday usage.

Regards,
PG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back