Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merging Word document with Access Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creeker

MIS
Apr 22, 2002
US
I have a Word file that in the past I merged with data from a Microsoft Access parameter query. Since upgrading to XP, I have continuing problems with merging. When I try to select a new data source to start all over, my parameter query is not available in the list of queries from my Access database.

Can anyone give me some insight into why this is happening? I remember reading once about selecting DDE as the type of file to use, but that is not available either.

This was a simple procedure before Microsoft decided to mess it up with an upgrade. Would appreciate any suggestions.

Whoops, never mind, I finally figured it out. In Word, select Tools, Options, General tab and select the Confirm Data Source box. That allowed me to select MS Access Databases via DDE options whwen linking to the Access file, which allowed me to select my parameter query. I also created a simpler query which probably helped too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back