Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merging reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

saragosti

Programmer
Jan 19, 2012
CA
Hey guys,
I have half a dozen reports that I run weekly, and I'm trying to automate them with Cognos.
There are a few pages of these reports that are common to all reports. Those parts are ready, now the question is, if I make a second report, can I import the part that's in common?

Thanks!
Eric

If you use C8/C10 Report Studio it is perfectly possible to copy report pages between reports. However, you need to copy other elements in the right order:

1. All associated queries
2. All defined variables (if any)
3. Complete report page (which includes list , crosstabs, graphs etc)

Ties Blom

Thanks Ties.

I was actually wondering if it'd be possibly to link them more dynamically. The issue is that if I do an update on one page, I'd like it to affect all the reports.

Thanks,
Eric

Only as a layout component reference. You can define 1 template and use header/footer etc as link for layout comp. reference for all other reports, but that is as far as it goes..

Ties Blom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back