Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merging Licenses into a single dongle

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipind

IS-IT--Management
Oct 16, 2009
KE
I have several sites. At one site I have mobility licenses that was issued against a USB dongle. I have the license key and the dongle.
At another site, I have a serial dongle, which has VM Pro licenses.

I have spoken to a local BP (in Kenya) about merging the licenses to one dongle but they tell me this is NOT POSSIBLE. I was thinking I could get Avaya to merge my licenses to one dongle so that I can return one of them.

Is it true that this never happens?

Avaya does charge for the swap but it is very cheap.
It can be done by web interface straight away if they have an account.

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

A yard full of tards

I'll be your support for Kenya.. On-site visits will have a surcharge though. :)

Are you serious?? Well, nice deal!!

I have these dongles now:

1. Serial No. 4033796 (serial 25-pin) - it contains my VM Pro licenses
2. Serial No. 4710702 (serial 9-pin) - it has the IP EndPoint License

I only need to keep one and would prefer the 9-pin one because I've read that I can stick it directly into the IPO DTE port (right?)

What is the cost?
Do I have to ship the dongles to Avaya via DHL?

So, as a local BP puts it, I need to pay them US$ 400 for merging my licenses into a single dongle, and then I pay the cost of freighting the old dongles to Avaya:)

Is that what you guys call "cheap"?

Am I buying a new dongle, or merging into one of the ones I have?
Given that I have several empty dongles, do I still have to buy another dongle? This is very confusing!

Guys, please advise/help a confused soul! I am very serious I need this done, and I am willing to pay for the service if any of you take it up.

As long as there is remote access, I'm sure we could work something out if you needed it.

Your local BP is definitely trying to make a buck on you.. It doesn't cost them anything but time, which is about 10 minutes..

Best thing to do is to buy 1 new dongle, and then have the licenses from both of the other two merged to that one. Email me and I'll try and help you out.

hnet 382 @ hot mail dot com

$400 is way too much!
You do not need to buy a new dongle if you have dongles that fit in or on your IPO.
You just need to tell them the old dongle number and the new dongle number.

Then, after the swap, you send the dongle to the BP and then they need to take care of the dongle.
It is there job to send it to Avaya.

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Sarcasm, it's only one of the services I offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back