Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merging 2410 Sets

Status
Not open for further replies.

descendant

Technical User
Jul 26, 2005
US
I have found in the FAQ's references to TTI and finding the feature codes and security codes. I have no programming experience with Definity systems. How do you find the 'Feature Codes" and the 'Security Code". I would like use them to be able to find the ports that 2410 sets are on and then move another extension number onto that port from the set. I have found the steps on how to do that, but do not know how to display the above codes.

If TTI is enabled in your system, you can find the merge and separation codes by "disp fea" command.

I'll throw this out at you for what's it's worth. TTI had problems is the G3's around V 6 or 8. It would corrupt the stations from for cable pairs and room numbers. I can see where some place that didn't have a lot of sets it wouldn't be that big a deal. Too me it was worth more to have my station cable records right than using TTI.

You can do what you are trying to do using just software changes to the stations and not have to worry about TTI.

Display the stations that you are trying to move around and copy down the port and cable pairs. X port the stations (that's just putting an X in the port field on the stations).

Next add the ports back top the stations like you want them to be. Be sure to change the cable records back to the corresponding port. You done.

You may also want to look at the top of the page here (FAQ's)for a lot of great tips and how too"s.

When is the last time you helped someone, just because you were able to?

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

Thanks for your input. For me, there are no records available. I don't know about the people that perform the system programming. So how do you perform a 'disp fea' command? The only thing I have found in the FAQs mentions GEDI or SAT command lines. My only access is via the sets. Do I need to call the system programming section and have them read out the feature commands and security codes involved for set i.d., seperation and merge?

You can display the extension assigned to the 2410 and the digital port on the handset itself, but you would have to know the relevant input code, i.e. *9 etc, which you can get from the disp fea as mikeydidit said above. The security code is set on ASA in the change station screen, so it looks like you'll need to have a chat with your buddies in the Programming Dept.

Thanks. Next time I have to work on this particular system I will give them a call.

I had an order for this system the other day and called the programmers and got the security, isolate and merge codes. However, the programmer did not know what I was referring to when I asked for the 'station id code.' I was under the impression that there was a feature that allowed the stations' extension and port information to be displayed. Am I wrong on that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back