Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merged Word document printing problem 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

RITec

MIS
May 15, 2002
US
I need some help. I am using Word 2000; I have tried printing this from Windows XP and 2000. I have tried printing to different printers. (HP 4100)(Konica/Minolta c450)

I have a merged Word document with a total of 42 pages.
I can print all the pages.
I can print the current page.

I cannot print a range like 11-14 or just page 11.
(It looks like it prints but, nothing comes out)

any ideas?

any help much appreciated

Ritec

Do you have Sections?

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red]Be advised:[/red]To be safe on the FOURTH, don't take a FIFTH on the THIRD, or...
You might not come FORTH on the FIFTH! [bomb][tongue][/sub]

Hi,
A workaround is to use the Merge to New Document command on the Mail Merge toolbar. This will put each of your 42 pages on separate pages in a single separate document. Then you should be able print any page.
HTH,

Best,
Blue Horizon [2thumbsup]

Sorry it took so long to get back.

Skip I dont think I have sections,

and Blue

This has been merged into a new document (This was done before I recieved the document). all 42 pages say same thing just then names have changed. I still for some reason cannot print.

Weird problem. What if you make a new document (don't use any of your existing material). Just write any text like.

"I love Tek Tips Forum" and try printing it. by using the option print page 10. You need to make first 9 pages empty to see how it goes. It will identify the fact that either it is a problem of Microsoft Word or Word Document it self.

Do update me with the outcome and I will try to guide you further.

K.N. Salman

Hi Kashifns
All other documents print allow me to print page 11 or a range.

Just had one person create a new merged document with just name and address and still could not print range or specific page.

Hi Ritec,

When you run a mailmerge, Word puts each letter into its own Section. Consequently, even though your merged document might have 40 2-page letters, Word's print logic only sees a series of pages numbered 1 & 2. So, telling Word to print pages 20-23 when you want letters 10 & 11 is meaningless. What you need to do in this case is to tell Word to print Sections 10 & 11.

For example, using the Pring Dialog, p1s2-p3s2 means: print page 1 of section 2 through page 3 of section 2. For the above example, you would use: s10-s11.

Cheers

Thanks to everyone for there assistance

Macropod - That worked great

I will pass that on the rest of our employees

Thank you very much

Definitely worth a star.

Ritec
[2thumbsup]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor