Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merged Tape only has sessions but no files to select 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

techspl

MIS
Jan 23, 2002
TT
GoodDay,

I have BRIGHTStor ARCServe v9 installed on a Windows 2000 server with SP4. I recently merged a tape in order to restore a database. The merge was successful without any error but when I try to select the DB to restore, I'm only seeing sessions and there nothing in them and nothing to select to restore. The sessions when selected have the sizes indicating there is data but it is just empty.
Is there anything else to try?
Please help.
Thanks

Well lets see, it could be
the wrong tape was merged (2 tapes with the same name)
database corruption
problem with the merge

I had the exact same thing happen to me. Here's what CA said...

If you can't expand trees during a 'Restore by Session' do this:
In you Registry go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, SOFTWARE, ComputerAssociates, BrightStor ARCserve Backup, Base, Task. Inside Task you should see a key called Merge. If you don't see it, create it. The Merge key should have REG_DWORD value of DonotUseCatalogMerge and a DATA value of 1.

Once I added this registry entry I was able to drill down to the file level during my restores.

Hope this helps!
-Mike

If you add DonotUseCatalogMerge it will do merge without using the Cataloge from the tape it will scan the tape file by file and then it will update the database,it going to be slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back