Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merged Cat files 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tener

Technical User
Mar 29, 2001
US
I just inherited Arcserve, so I am very new with it. We are running Arcserve 6.5 for NT. Our backup seems to run fairly well except for the end where this comes up:
[CAT] MONDAY [ID:4FE4,SESSION:2] is merged.(files=3)
[CAT] MONDAY [ID:4FE4,SESSION:3] is merged.(files=9)
[CAT] MONDAY [ID:4FE4,SESSION:4] is merged.(files=3431)
[CAT] MONDAY [ID:4FE4,SESSION:5] is merged.(files=5)
[CAT] MONDAY [ID:4FE4,SESSION:6] is merged.(files=147)
[CAT] MONDAY [ID:4FE4,SESSION:7] is merged.(files=61)
[CAT] MONDAY [ID:4FE4,SESSION:8] is merged.(files=89202)
[CAT] MONDAY [ID:4FE4,SESSION:9] is merged.(files=51588)
[CAT] MONDAY [ID:4FE4,SESSION:10] is merged.(files=197)
[CAT] MONDAY [ID:4FE4,SESSION:11] is merged.(files=966)
I dont know how or even if this effects our backup.I am sure that there has to be something that I am missing here. Any help would be great.

After completing the backup Arcserve will write session records into it's own database. What you are seeing here is the individual sessions in your backup job being added into the database. Each session should match up to a source location in your job.

Hope this helps

David

Is this perfectly normal? I was alarmed when I was told by a co-worker that these were signs of a corrupt database and said that I should not receive that at all. Thanks again.

I've had these messages coming up for 2 years without any obvious database problems (other than frequently running out of disk space.) You also get a similar kind of message when you erase a tape and the system clears the session data out of the database.

Thank you for your time and help! Greatly appreciated!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back