Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merge Prob - "Invalid Session Header..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallwaveEmp

Technical User
Aug 30, 2002
Have searched Tek Tips, but have not found this error for Merges, only for restores. I cant get to the restore, as the Merge won't run!

The Job has almost 30 sessions on it, so merging one at a time to find my desired session may not be possible.

Any tips?
D

I had the same problem with SDLT tapes. I flashed the drive with the latest firmware.

What hardware are you using?

Do you know what server/volume the files you need are on.

If you do, you can scan the media and find out what session the server/volume is.

Then just merge that session.

Had similar experience recently, but mine was caused by a Corrupt database and involved netware client agent.

Regards

Macca

Hardware is ADIC Scalar 100 w/ 3 Quantum DLT8000 Tape Drives.

Database is SQL Server, and is less then 4 weeks old (I just reinstalled Arcserve).

Workaround (not solution) was to scan each media, find the session I wanted to restore, merge just that session, and restore just that session.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back