Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merge multiple PDF's into 1 PDF 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 23, 2001
US
Does anyone know of a free program to take 2 or more pdf files and make 1 pdf file out of it?

Thanks for your help.

BobSchleicher

Acrobat does this if you go to Document > Instert Pages

HTH!

InDesign CS, Photoshop CS, Illustrator CS, Acrobat 7
Windows XP & MAC OS X (Yes I Use Both, Not at the Same Time)

I know that Acrobat has the capabilities but I have one department that creates some PDF's for another department.

The second department would like to combine some of the documents. Also the documents they would like to combine also changes, so for them to call the first department and make alot of requests like this just burdens the first department.

I was just trying to find a free alternative. I know that there are cheap alternatives but free is cheaper. :)

BobSchleicher

Web-search "veryPDF". Also, as has been mentioned, Acrobat can do this, and it can be automated (with a lot of caveats) via the Batch Processing mechanism.

Thomas D. Greer

Also, you can use Freedist as a frontend for Ghostscript to combine PDF and PS files. It has a "hot folder" option, so you can just drop stuff in the folder and let it do its thing. I have used these programs successfully for awhile.

Google freedist and you can find all the information you need.

Hope this helps,
Martin

Acrobat 7 has the option to create a PDF from mulitple files like other PDF's, word, excel,...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back