Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

merge data with image

Status
Not open for further replies.

blkblts

IS-IT--Management
Jul 16, 2001
US
I have an .xls file with names of customers. I have a photoshop template that is a magazine cover. I have several pictures in a directory. How do I merge the data? I want to automate a batch so it adds my jpg and name to the magazine cover.

Thanks
kim

Thanks s-)
Kim

Hi,

This will not be possible. You can't have photoshop extract data from a native file format (.xls) and have it place the text into photoshop itself.

What exactly are you rying to do here? Make labels to go on the magazine for mailing?

Hope this helps!

relax.gif

General Exception Error:

"Unknown has caused an unknown error in unknown, unknown will now unknown."

Thanks for your reply.
I'm trying to do what a photo sports lab does when I order a magazine cover. I send an .xls spreadsheet or database that had the person's name and .jpg in a row. Then somehow they merge this data with the template and print the picture.
I don't want to have to hand type all the names in the .psd template and then save as a .jpg for printing. I am looking for something to automatically do this. I am probably looking for a stand alone software or something.

kim

Thanks s-)
Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back