Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merdian Mail vs Mat 6.7 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fizer

IS-IT--Management
Feb 7, 2005
US
I have an 11C with an expansion cabinet. They are connected together with fiber. The voice mail used is the Merdian Mail 13 which is located in slot 10 of cabinet one. The other day I noticed the Merdian Mail was not working. I checked out the MAT 6.67 and also found it to be dead (as I tried to login to the M/M using MAT). I then tried to reboot the cpu but nothing happened. I had to use my laptop to log into the switch through a modem I have connected. Once I was able to get into the switch I was still not able to get to the Merdian Mail. Here is what my switch printed when I used my laptop to log in.
LD 22

PT2000

REQ PRT

TYPE ADAN TTY

ADAN TTY 0
TTY_TYPE SDI
CAB 00
CARD 00
PORT 0
DES REMOTE_MODEM
FLOW NO
USER MTC SCH BUG
TTYLOG 0
BANR YES
ADAN TTY 1
TTY_TYPE SDI
CAB 00
CARD 00
PORT 1
DES MAT
BPS 9600
BITL 8
STOP 1
PARY NONE
FLOW NO
USER MTC SCH
TTYLOG 0
BANR YES
ADAN TTY 2
TTY_TYPE SDI
CAB 00
CARD 00
PORT 2
DES EXACOM
BPS 9600
BITL 8
STOP 1
PARY NONE
FLOW NO
USER CTY
ADAN TTY 8
TTY_TYPE LSL
CAB 00
CARD 10
PORT 0
DES
BPS 1200
BITL 8
STOP 1
PARY NONE
FLOWTYPE MAIL

REQ ****
>
OVL000
>LD 37

IOD000
.STAT TTY

TTY 0 : ENBL DES: REMOTE_MODEM
TTY 1 : ENBL DES: MAT
TTY 2 : ENBL DES: EXACOM
TTY 8 : ENBL
Does anyone know what I can do to get my voice mail working again? I do not care about the MAT too much just need to be able to work on the voice mail. I am not familiar with the Merdian Mail commands.
Thanks again for all your expert support.
FIZER

did you boot the mail.. ld 48 stat.. see if your aml is up

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

TTY 8 should be disabled unless it is in use.

Are you saying Meridian Mail is down (not answering calls?

or you are not able to login from TTY?

If just TTY - from MAT connect to switch and hold down control and type R - This will refresh screen.
if that does not give you screen you will need to INI.

If voice mail down, Check the AML link ld 48, Disable and then reboot Mail. Re-enable AML (ld 48 / enl aml 9 acms) when it starts booting back up.

yes and when I do it nothing happens. I get an error code that thecommand is out of the parameters.

you are at a Meridian mail screen you just can not see what is happening.

If Cntl R did not work try Cntl W

or enter a number from 1 to 6

or press F6 or F7

The TTY are all ok. And to answer your question the Merdian Mail does not respond to load 48 after I typed in the commands to disable and then re-able the aml link. The next thing I will try is the INI of he system tommorrow. I am in Korea so I do not get a chance to talk to any of you due to the time differance. Will let you know what happens tommorrow.

I was able to do an ini and the switch let me in to work on the Merdian Mail. It is now back up and working. Thanks to all of you for your assistance and support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back