Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mercator Map Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjnaaktgeboren

Technical User
Jun 22, 2004
US
Is there a function or way to retrieve the name of the map you are running into a map rule?

Well, if you are in the Map Designer, this should be obvious. What exactly are you trying to do?

BocaBurger
<===========================||////////////////|0
The pen is mightier than the sword, but the sword hurts more!

I have a (several of these) single instance of code, and am running it with different overrides, and different compiled names. I would like to pass the 'compiled name' to an error report output. If I knew how to pass the 'commandline' type from the audit then I could do this faily easily.

I will be in the Boca MC-605 class in December.....

I think what you would need to do is use the map's audit log in your error handling. The audit log contains the information you need. Most error handling withing the map itself doesn't work as designed, since the error can cause the error handling not to work.

If you are using a RUN map, you can pass the hard coded RUN map name to another card etc.

However, if you have the same map with different compiled names, this is inefficient. It would be better to use the RUN map's audit log to show what over rides were used. I would need to know more about what exactly you are trying to handle error-wise etc.

BocaBurger
<===========================||////////////////|0
The pen is mightier than the sword, but the sword hurts more!

I have a long-term "scheduler". It does a different type of scheduling than mercator, and checks a table, creates a parm file with necessary info. This worked so well, that I decided to create a short term one as well. I do this with an Oracle adapter override. I can check the input and parse that out... I just thought "there must be a function to get the mapname". It's not a run map... You can pass anything that way, and yes I could derive the name, I just thought there was an easier way other than what I came up with. There were some other maps and conditions where I thought this would have been a useful funtion as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back