Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mercator Help... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ananta77

Programmer
Jan 8, 2006
US
Hi Guys,

I need to build a script..which will take/read .mms files from my CVS directory and compile them to .mmc file and write compiled files in another directory.

My Qs:

1) Does anyone has done this before, so that he/she can guide me.
2) I'm not sure, how to compile maps from command line. If I get this, then I can write perl/shell script for the above task.

Every help is much appreciated!

Best Regards,
Ananta

The "mcompile" is the one which compiles the .mms to the .mmc file.
ex:
mcompile mymaps.mms –A

Create a typtree for the CVS file and grab the map source(.mms) from the map pass to the .bat/.sh file in the rule level .
Put the copy functionality inside the .bat file to copy .mmc files to speicified location.
The following commandline will execute the complied map from the previous step.
C:\migration\dbutil.mmc -IF1 input1 -B
C:\Ascential\DataStageTX_8.0\dstx mapname.mmc -B

"-B" command option is not to manually close the commandline status window.

I did couple of scripts in windows environment to automate the testing process in the migration projects.(5.0 to 8.0)

I did this automation types at the commandline and eventserverlevel.

NET STOP "dstx80_evntsrvr"
NET START "dstx80_evntsrvr"

The above two commands used to start/stop the eventserver services in the batchfile.

Thanks for your valuable help.. Can you please lemme know, what are the libraraies needs to be in class path, so that I can use this mcompile command from batch file?

Also, is there anything similar available, which wil allow to compile mms on shell command lines on unix env?

Wil it be possible for you to share, high level logic in your batch/sh files?

You dont need to use any libraries to use the mcompile utility in the batch file.It is an Utility command used to complie the .mms files from outside the mapdesigner.

install directory\mcompile mapname.mms

You would get more info in th 1118.pdf help file in the document folder.

Answer for your second question is you could use the same command even in .sh script I guess.

write to me clearly what info you need in the batch file i an provide to you.

I guess I'm missing something on my enviornment.
I'm not able to find mcompile command. I've mercator studio installed on my windows and eventserver and other enviornment is on unix m/c as well.

Can you point me to where (which libs) i should check out to make sure that I've mcompile command libraries?

Also in batch file, I would like to have reading maps from my CVS, which will ask for username/pwd to connect to cvs, then to prompt for asking mms file and it's i/p file and destination directory for .mmc file

On windows, mcompile.exe should be in the main installation directory e.g. c:\mercator6.7 or c:\ascential\datastagetx_8.0

cheers,
Olly.

Mcompile is a Windows program.

Yoy might be able to use the automated deployment code for msls and maps. Check the IFD documentation and the command line utilities docs.

BocaBurger
<===========================||////////////////|0
The pen is mightier than the sword, but the sword hurts more!

Olly and Boca,

I've mercator 6.5 installed. I couldn't find mcompile.exe on my system.

Is there any thing, add-on i need to install to have mcompile?

Thanks
Ananta

Think believe was new in 6.7. I think 6.5 was handled via a dll.

any idea...which is that dll and was the command same i.e. mcompile?

Was not available in 6.5.x as far as I remember.

BocaBurger
<===========================||////////////////|0
The pen is mightier than the sword, but the sword hurts more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back