Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mer mMail down

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawks

IS-IT--Management
Oct 9, 2002
US
Mer Mail will not answer calls if I look at the ports they show as out of service but on system status it always shows as LOADING. So I got this from the Seers report.

66- 5 11/02 11:01 Error * 1 Null
Act: Refer to DM Disk error checklist.
Des: Disk 0 > sense key: 2 error code: 4

Should O be looking at the harddrive or maybe the NTAK14 card?

looks like a hd.. have you tried to boot from the install disk?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Nope that was my next step thanks, I also got this when I did CTRL+I from the main menu and looked at Console.

PRM: Program Completed: TESTDVP ArgStr= 1 0 OFFLINE 0 0 1 1 0 Node= 1 ProgId= 7
PRM: Loader - Could not load VSS on node 1 rc= 3
PRM: Loader - Retstring disk read error1415 in :BOOT100:AREA:VSMB.AREA
PRM: Loader - Could not load VSS on node 1 rc= 3
PRM: Loader - Retstring disk read error1415 in :BOOT100:AREA:VSMB.AREA

If it was the hard drive he wouldn't have access to the SEER reports would he? I'm thinking it's time to do a hard reboot the voicemail and see if it comes up. Disable the AML link first.

We did a Hard reboot system and voice mail, the AML looked normal when you stated it. I did not try the ACMS command on the AML should I go ahead and try that? I've got a new Hard Drive on the way. Everything seems to come up except when you look at the DSP they show as OUT OF SERVICE and when you look at System Status it shows as LOADING never INSERVICE.

I had this SAME problem two weeks ago on MerMail 13.

Even though the database looked like it was there - (we were able to view all of the mailboxes, etc.) - the system stayed in LOADING. Even after rebooting from 2 good backups.

Nothing else we tried helped... I was surprised that the system "looked" like it was ok because we could view everything.

It was a bad 18G Hard Drive, which we replaced and everything came back.

Lesson learned? Do a FULL BACKUP at least once a week and rotate the tapes.

Good luck! This is a lesson in persistence ....watching the monster slowly come back to life.

It's one of a few times I saw grown men hugging each other. Nobody outside the business would understand....

Rick Williams "Doctor Dialtone"

Just to update everyone, changed the Hard Drive reinstalled software and now everything is up and working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back