Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

menybar word 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbf2

IS-IT--Management
Apr 8, 2005
NO
my menybar(file, edit, view ....) is where the document should be, it takes allmost all det space where the document should be, the document is just showing on the left side of the window. It just won't move from the location. The menybar is going vertical with file at the top and help at the buttom.
anyone have any idea what wrong? don't know how it happends, it just happend

mbf2,

sounds to me like you moved it. what you need to do is right click on a portion of the menubar and move it back to the top (while holding the right mouse button down).

hth
regards,
longhair

Thanks for the answer, but don't get that to work, but if I go right click on the toolbar and go under customize and under Options I choose "reset menu and toolbar usage data", will it go back to the top then (default location)?

mbf2,

my bad. should have been left click and hold mouse button down. when you do this you should see the mouse pointer change.

longhair

Mbf2:

Try moving your mouse pointer to just above the word FILE. It shoud change shape (to black arrows pointing up/down and left/right). When the mouse looks like this, you should be able to drag the menu around.

The menu bar usually have 3 dots or strips in beginning of the bar, but it's gone. The mouse pointer don't change shape.

The link (my last post) do you think it will work or will it just damage word?

I have tried uninstalling word and installing it again, I have the same problem.

mbf2,

i usually do not suggest to play around with the registry unless you are sure you know what you are doing. if you uninstalled & reinstalled and still have the same problem it could be malware / jokeware. have you scanned the machine with ms antispyware, adaware, spybot, etc?

regards,

longhair

don't think it's that, but i try

There must be a command who sett everythink back to default?

If you delete normal.dot
A default template will automatically be created.

Try this.

To know where normal.dot is:
Tools_Options and check the File Locations tab.

Eman_2005
Technical Communicator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back