Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerclaw

Programmer
Sep 12, 2001
US
how do you create a menu like in a text editor?
live life to the fullest. we only go around once.

Yes, please be more specific, are you running a GUI?
If your in Builder's GUI then you just find a Menu Component
on the Component bar and drop it on your form.
Double Clicking on it brings up the Editor which has several re-fab menu templates to choose from or you can build your own.

you could be doing an advanced text editor (word), or a simple one (notepad), what kind of options do you want? and did you want the coding to go along with those options? Cyprus

I'm tying to build a text editor for dos.
I would like it to have a few of the advanced functions.
thank you for your time and patience. live life to the fullest. we only go around once.

Data: Computer, what is DOS?
Computer: Dino's Older Sister.
Data: Define refrence to Dino?
Computer: Unable to comply, defines not allowed in DOS.
Data: I see, where would one find DOS?
Computer: Late 20th century earth, made extinct by Windows.

ok... well tigerclaw. if your looking to make a text editor in DOS, first of all, why?! second of all, i think theres a better forum that you could find. Are you looking to make this through console? And are you using BCB? Cyprus

i am using turbo C++ version 1.01 from borland live life to the fullest. we only go around once.

May be u could use GNU C available from for the project u r involved in. This should work on DOS also.

Turbo c++(1.01) has been placed in the archives by Borland and can be downloaded from
In case U want to make a editor for learning, try to make it on LINUX platform, bcos fro DOS there are a large number of editors available both freeware and shareware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back