Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

menu tat works in both netscape n IE

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkris

Programmer
Jun 12, 2003
IN
how do i create a menu tat works fine in both netscape n IE?

the following piece of code works fine in IE but doesn't, in Netscape, seems netscape doesn't support <div>? If any1 knows, gimme the code.

<div id=&quot;dropdowno&quot; style=&quot;PADDING-RIGHT: 5px; BORDER-TOP: #c7ddff 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; BACKGROUND: #c7ddff; PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px; FONT: bold 8pt tahoma; WIDTH: 94px; COLOR: black; PADDING-TOP: 5px; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1px solid&quot;><span style=&quot;cursor:hand; margin-left:5px; margin-right:10px;&quot; onmousedown=&quot;richDropDown()&quot;>Home&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </span></div>

regards,
JK

Hi-

You have to setup a browser sniffer code and depending on what browser visit your site use DIV or LAYER

Ciao
Placido

P.S.
Knowledge gives you the mean to see the door...
Wisdom gives you the key to open it...

JK,

I'm fairly certain there are menu functions that operate in both Netscape and IE, and very likely there is a way of doing it without sniffing to see which kind of browser the client has. Have you checked the FAQ or searched this forum?

Cheers,

[monkey] Edward [monkey]

&quot;Cut a hole in the door. Hang a flap. Criminy, why didn't I think of this earlier?!&quot; -- inventor of the cat door

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back