Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Menu strip docking issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrhaynes

Technical User
Oct 27, 2006
US
On one application vb.net 2005 I cannot get the menu strip(MenuStrip tool) to remain docked at the top of the form. In both design mode as well when running, any other panel or toolbar dock setting to the top simply replaces it and moves it down. Even a panel docked to the side overlaps the menu strip or moves it side inward. It does not matter what order the dock commands are given, the menu strip is always pushed around with lowest priority. This does not happen with my other applications. The settings for the menustrip appear identical to the other applications. What could I have done to this one?

What is your dock and anchor settings in properties set to?

The dock setting for the menu strip is set to Top and the anchor settings are set to top left.

It's the order of the elements that is important. Try rightclicking it and do bringtofront or movetoback (whatever works).

Christiaan Baes
Belgium

"My old site" - Me

You are right setting the menustrip with "Send to Back" places it in the priority postion for docking so it is not displaced by other docking commands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back