Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Menu problem when opening form

Status
Not open for further replies.

batteam

Programmer
Sep 12, 2003
US
Although I have all system provided menus/toolbars clicked "off" and have my own custom menu as the default menu to show on Start-Up, every time my application opens my start up form, the "Forms View" menu also shows up. I only want my custom menu to show, which it does, but any ideas on how to keep that "Forms View" menu from also showing? I don't have any macro or forms property that calls for it to open and I can successfully click to hide it, but next time my form opens, that menu is displayed. Any tips on how to resolve this is appreciated. Thanks.

Actually, all I had to do was use the cursor to pull the menu away from the top window bar so it could be closed by clicking on the "x" in the upper right corner of the menu bar. Once closed this way, it did not reappear when the form was opened.

maybe better solution would be to put your new custom menu in the "Menu Bar" property of your form, this way you can apply different menu bars (or toolbars via "Toolbars" property etc.) on each form..

since you have already clicked off default menu/toolbars this should work.

greets,
Marko 9A6NCM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back