Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Menu items only load after menu is selected. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbezzina

MIS
May 4, 2004
MT
I have created a menu in Fireworks and imported in Dreamweaver. This has a drop down menu.

Problem is that the images in the drop down menu only load when you select the menu, due to this you get quite a strange effect with a white background. Is there a way to preload these items so that they will be ready for use when the user selects the menu.

Here is a link to my (still under construction) page:

Thanks.

yes, i think there is a preload behaviour in dw...

Known is handfull, Unknown is worldfull

Thanks mate. I found it, now I just need to test it.

I found the option to preload an image in Dreamweaver but I have a problem. Unless I am mistaken, the files that need to be preloaded need to be selected one by one. Now I have a full menu to preload and the number of images is quite large.

a)What is the easiest way to get these images listed in the behaviors?

b)Is there a way that I can include a directory and all its content rather from having to select the individual files?

c)Can this be done from fireworks since I have a feeling that once you change anything in the menu. These behaviors will be lost.

Thanks

i dont think that can be done using its interface, but u can edit the javascript coding that dw writes...

Known is handfull, Unknown is worldfull

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back