Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Menu in a frame

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneDoherty

Technical User
Mar 6, 2002
GB
Hi,

I have created a menu using Xara Webstyle. When I click on a menu item I want to be able to change the current menu with another one. So if in the menu an item is Groups, and you click on this then another menu appears replacing the original one with the list of groups.

"I have created a menu using Xara Webstyle"
hm?
Macromedia: DreamWeaver Forum
no code no love...post the love

> need more info?
:: don't click HERE ::

I know, but there is no webstyle forum, and it is in dreamweaver that I have the problem.

What Lebisol was saying is that you have created a menu in a tool that the users of this forum may or may not have even have heard of. In order to be able to help you, which I assure you that is why we frequent the forum. We need to be able to see the code that is causing the proplem.
Post the code here and we will see if we can help

Cheech

[Peace][Pipe]
If you don't stand up for something, you'll fall down. Toke it Easy.
Howard Marks. Visit the forum at

Hi,

Ignore the Webstyle bit. If I create a menu in leftFrame, and I click on a menu item how do I get it to change to another menu replacing the first menu.

replace the file that is in the leftFrame with the new menu file by linking to it with this type of logic in your original menu
Code:
<a href=&quot;nextmenu.html&quot; target=&quot;leftframe&quot;>Groups Menu</a>

Hope that makes it clearer.

Cheech

[Peace][Pipe]
If you don't stand up for something, you'll fall down. Toke it Easy.
Howard Marks. Visit the forum at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back