Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Menu created in fireworks works in DW template but not on other pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbezzina

MIS
May 4, 2004
MT
I have created a menu with a number drop down menus in Fireworks. This works just fine when I import it in DW using import HTML, but when I make any change in the menu (using Fireworks after pressing the link from DW) the rest of the HTML pages loose the images in the menu and only the HLML is seen.

Can you please take a look and help out :)

(this one works)

(Menu all wrong)

The menu is located in a folder call "menu_items"

THANKS

John

For some reason the image path has been changed from "menu_items/mmmenu1_100x20_up.gif" to "../menu_items/mmmenu1_100x20_up.gif"

Which means the browser is looking 'up' a folder for the images.

I would be tempted to put the menu into an include and call that from each page then all you need to do is update one file to alter your navigation.

Cheech

[Peace][Pipe]

Hi Cheech

Thanks... I think I understood what is wrong, but I'm not too sure I understood what you asked me to do to fix the problem.. I'm not at all familiar with "includes"

Can you please explain this?

Thanks.

John

I'm guessing that you have your main page in a seperate folder than the supporting pages. It's a pain, but if you are uncomfortable with includes you can initially put all of the files in the same folder - if you want to move it later, DW should update all of the links - just remember what you did if you need to update the fireworks file.
Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back