Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Menu Bars

Status
Not open for further replies.

dking1

MIS
Mar 9, 2004
US
I have a database that displays a specific form based on the user. Each form has it's own Menu Bar with Menu Items specific to that user. I have attached each Menu Bar to it's appropriate form. The problem is, when a user accesses my Database from different machines, they are allowed to see other Menu Bars not related to the form that is active. I need to stop allowing them to see these other Menu Bars.

Help!!!

When they are on different machines, are they still logged on as themselves? If so, you can use a function to determine who the current user is. If you need the code for that function, let me know.

I am what I am based on the decisions I have made.

DoubleD [bigcheeks]

Yea, they are logged on as themselves. I just thought by attaching a single menu bar to a particular form it will only allow them to see that menu bar. The only way I've been able to fix this in the past is to go to each machine whenever there is a new user on that machine, open the database and go to View - Toolbars - Customize to uncheck the unwanted Menu Bar. The funny thing is, when I distributed the MDE the Menu Bar was not checked. I hope this additional info helps.

You can program menu bars. Doing so will provide a very consistent user experience. If you have any programming experience, it's not hard.

I wrote a faq on getting all of the icon's, you can use that code to modify the menu's to your needs.

List CommandBar And ToolBar Icons faq705-5152, it's under vbA coding.

Mark P.
Providing Low Cost Powerful Point of Sale Solutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back