Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Menu bar in Active X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laaitie

Programmer
Dec 1, 2003
ZA
Is it possible to place a menubar in a Active X control?

I've got a form with a TabStrip control with 5 tabs. One of this tabs will display another TabStrip control with 4 tabs, a sub tab if you like. Each tab will display a different AX control - so 9 in all. Only two of these AX controls don't need a menu. The menu system for each of the other AX controls differs massively from each other. I would like to keep the menu system locked to each AX control as they will be reused across different projects.

I thought of using a MDIFroms instead since that is easy to implement the menu system with, or so I understand - never used it before.

Do I have to go the MDIFrom route, or have one menu on my form that calls functions within the Active X controls, or is it possible to place a menubar in a Active X control?

Thanks

Laaitie, have you read FAQ222-2244 yet?

If you search the web you should be able to find some activex controls that will simulate or do what you want. One place to search is PSC (Planet-Source-Code.com). If all else fails you could create the menu system that you are looking for as an activex control and then add it to this activex control that you are trying to create.

Good Luck

I have yes, several times:)

I've spent the most of yesterday going through old forums on several sites to get an answer. Never thought of creating an ActiveX control menu system though. That ought to do the job.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back