Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Menu Bar disappears on new window 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

joegz

IS-IT--Management
Oct 10, 2001
US
I should know the answer to this but my brain is fried already (and it is only Monday). So if you have run across this in IE5 or know why the behavior is this way I would appreciate the information.

When you have a link from one web site that calls for instance a Word document a new IE window opens with Word document displayed. However the menu bar (FILE, EDIT, VIEW...) is missing from the new window. Instead the toolbar displayed starts with the standard toolbar (BACK, FORWARD, STOP,...). I think it may have something to do with how the HTML code calls the window but I am not sure.

Cheers

joegz
"Sometimes you just need to find out what it's not first to figure out what it is."

Hi,

Try this:

<html>
<head>
<title>window</title>
<script language=&quot;JavaScript&quot;>
function openHelp()
{
window.wind= window.open(&quot;cher.doc&quot;,&quot;HELP&quot;,&quot;alwaysRaised=yes,width=800,height=600,status=no,toolbar=yes,menubar=yes,scrollbars=yes,resizable=no&quot;);
window.wind.moveTo(0,0);
}
</script>
</head>

<body>
<a href=&quot;#&quot; onclick=&quot;javascript:eek:penHelp();&quot;>click this to open</a>
</body>
</html>

Best Regards and Thank you!

Cool...that answers my question.

Cheers joegz
&quot;Sometimes you just need to find out what it's not first to figure out what it is.&quot;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back