Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Memory throttling for Exchange 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelvinchi

MIS
Dec 6, 2001
KY
Hey,

Does anyone know if there is a way to cap the ammount of memory used by Exchange 2000??
Running the exchange optimizer in 5.5 used to provide a facilty for this, but i can't find anything for 2000.

Any ideas would be appreciated....

Thanks.

This should have never been an option in my opinion. We release memory when other programs need it. If you want to cap memory then remove it from the box if you don't want apps to use it.

If you want to understand more of why this topic upsets me check on the web for dynamic buffer allocation. This is what the store uses to grab the memory. Dan
Microsoft Exchange Support @ Microsoft

Dan,

On further examination of this problem, i found that indeed store does give back memory to apps that need it. I wasn't, at the time of the post, aware that Exchange2000 used dynamic buffer allocation.

Best Regards,

N.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back