Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Memory Speed Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirate252

Programmer
Mar 21, 2002
US
I am going to buy a new motherboard, the ABIT KX7-333 and a new AMD XP 1800+ i need ddr ram for this mobo and am looking for places to buy from, i plan to overclock so im looking for high quality stuff, so i found this company called Corsair that sells high performance memory. The list that they show of there products has all these different speeds on them, from 150 mhz to 400 mhz, I am just wondering if i could buy any of these and they will work fine or if i have to find one that mathces the rating on the mobo...this question is for the pre-overclocked system, so dont worrie about that...any advise towards that would be good though...

the site for the memory is here

and the site for the MOBO is here

Thanks!

Matt

ok ive done some more resurch and think that i can only get the ones that go up to 333 mhz because thats a PC2700 and thats all that my mobo will support, but should i buy a 400 mhz just so i can overclock the FSB later without worrys, or will it not work with mobo...

Thanks,

Matt

ok ive done some more research and think that i can only get the ones that go up to 333 mhz because thats a PC2700 and thats all that my mobo will support, but should i buy a 400 mhz just so i can overclock the FSB later without worrys, or will it not work with mobo...

Thanks,

Matt

o and by the way that 400 mhz says its a PC3200, and once again my mobo will only support up to PC2700...thanks all!

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back