Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Memory required on remotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

smeyer

IS-IT--Management
Nov 15, 2002
US
What is the recommended memory on citrix remotes? We have issues with the remotes locking up under certain applications and were wondering if this is a setting issue or hardware?

By remote, I assume you mean client. And the clients requirements will depend on the Operating System of the client, and how you are connecting.

Generally speaking, so long as the operating system has met it's requirements, the Citrix client should have enough operating space to function. The client has a very low memory and processor utilization, with the bulk of the load on network/IP traffic.

If the client is locking up, try checking the client configuration. Lower the screen resolution, color depth, and turn off sound integration. Check that you have the latest version of the client installed.

You can also shadow a session to see if the application being run has frozen, then you can start troubleshooting the server-side.

Sorry I am a newbie to Citrix and got this issue thrown at me. Yes, I meant client. We are using Windows 2000 clients with 128MB ram.

I am not certain which is locking up whether the client or the application. How do I tell for sure?

Is there a place to go to look for Citirx problems so i can rule Citrix out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back