Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Memory Leak Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jduawa

MIS
Jun 11, 2002
US
I have multiple servers running windows server 2k3 w/ sp1 but one server in particular keeps leaking memory. The process that is leaking is NtFC and the difference column using poolmon increases after a backup job completes. Backup exec is not installed on this server but on a different one awhich uses the remote agent to connect to this server. This server also runs symantec antivirus corporate edition (the latest release 10.1.4.4000). Thee server becomes unresponsive after about 5 days due to this memory leak. Please help
thanks

Can't say I know of a MS processed called NtFC. From the little I can find on Google I'd suggest running a spyware removal app. However if you know it's something to do with BE Remote Agent why not try a reinstall?

Steve.

"They have the internet on computers now!" - Homer Simpson

So i uninstalled symantec antivirus corporate 10.1, rebooted and installed symantec av corporate 10.2,
on the backup server i installed the latest SP to veritas and pushed out the remote agent client. Everytime the backup finishes on this server (at least that is my guess) the difference in poolmon for the NtFC process goes up by 305562. I dont know what else to try at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back