Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MEMORY ERROR

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtmtmt

Programmer
Nov 23, 2002
DK
I INSTALL 3 512MB DIMM REMORY IN MY COMPUTER.
NOW WHEN I TURN ON MY SYSTEM AND WINDOWS STARTING THIS MESEGE DIPLAY :
"inefficient memory to initializing windows"
AND SYSTEM HALT.
PLEASE HELP ME.
TANK YOU.

What operating system are you using? If it is anything besides for 2000 or XP then that might be the problem. Windows 98 / Me have problems with anything over 512 MB.

-Brad

Same as above!!
With 95/98 anything above 384mbs I think it is can be a problem.OK in win 2K/XP Martin Just trying to help, sometimes falling short, I am only human after all.

Might be a problem with maximum addressable memory. Go to , click on the CM (Component Matching) button, and work your way through to details. It will tell you everything you ever wanted to know about your PC hardware. You'll have to return your PC to it's original config first to get it to work of course! :)

Win9x has a problem addressing anything over 512mb of ram. You can fix the issue with a patch from microsoft, but win9x will still not utilize anything over 512mb. Just my 2 cents

Yup, I agree with the other comments; cut your memory back to 512mb, or you're bound to run into memory problems.

Could be yolur motherboard also not being able to handle that amount of mem. If it doesnt get outta POST, I dont see where WINdows has much to do with it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back