Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Memory Error Descriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nohandleatall

Technical User
Jan 9, 2002
US
What are the descriptions of the following memory errors:

00B7-02

I didn't find anything specifically on 00B7-02

This is what I found on 201:

If your PC manages to boot into Win98, run the Memory Troubleshooter to track down your problem. To open the troubleshooter, click the Start button and then Help. Click the Contents tab, Troubleshooting, Windows 98 Troubleshooters, and then Memory. Then just follow the on-screen directions.

This is what I found on 164:

Both of these errors mean that there is a discrepancy between the amount of RAM that the CMOS settings say should be there and the amount that the PC actually checks out as okay. Before assuming your RAM is bad, the first thing to do is to verify that your CMOS settings are correct for the amount of memory you have installed.

Access your system setup per your manufacturer's instructions (also called CMOS setup or BIOS setup). Then check to make sure that the amount of RAM specified matches what you have installed.

This is an especially common problem when you've just installed new RAM. If you add RAM to your system, don't forget to verify the CMOS settings. Some BIOS' will update them automatically upon booting with the new RAM, but some do not.

If you receive the memory size error when you reboot your PC after a new RAM installation, reboot it a second time. If the memory size error continues, you must go into setup and change the amount of RAM manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back