Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

memory compatabilty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJcs

Vendor
Aug 5, 2003
US
I am building a new system, with an msi mainboard KT4VL KT400, this motherboard has a fsb of 333. I will be using an AMD 2000 processor, with a 266 fsb. Scince the price of memory is so close, will using a DDR pc3200 work, or do I need to stay with the DDR pc2100? Thanks for any help, you guys are great!!!!

There shouldn't be any problems using the faster memory type (obviously at slower settings) it is indeed prudent to buy the faster type for a future upgrade especially if there isn't much differance in price.
Martin

Replying helps further our knowledge, without comment leaves us wondering.

You should have no problems using PC3200, your system will simply utilize the 400Mhz RAM at a lowered clock of 333Mhz.

Cheers

Everything in its right place...

Thanks, I know that in most situations, sdram will do the same using pc133's, for pc100. Was not sure about DDR sdrams. thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back