Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Memo field splits between two pages - stop!

Status
Not open for further replies.

megmoo75

Programmer
Jun 14, 2003
US
I have a report that has several memo fields listed, each of which has the CanGrow property set to Yes. It works great with one exeception: if a memo field is at the bottom of a page, it lists the first line on page 1, then the rest of the field on page 2.

I want to force the memo field to all appear on one page and not show contents across two pages.

All my fields are in the detail section with no grouping. My detail section's KeepTogether property is set to Yes.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

I think this depends on how much text is going into this field. If it's not that much, have you (or have you considered doing so) setting the Height property to 0", so that it will only expand based on the contents? The only problem is that if it's enough text, and if it's close enough to the bottom of the report, it'll still carry over. I don't believe you can stop that from happening due to the nature of the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back