Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Memo field cutting off in query revisited

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkaffy

Programmer
Jan 19, 2004
US
All -

I've been moved into a new position and have found I have a problem that I'm hoping someone can help me with. I've got two tables with multiple memo fields that I've got to join along with multiple tables without memo fields in a query to print a report. The report has got to contain the entire entry in the memo fields.

I have reviewed previous posts in this forum concerning table fields formatted as MEMO being limited to 255 characters. I have this same issue but I do not have
SELECT DISTINCT, DISTINCTROW, or GROUP BY in the SQL. The SQL does have SELECT, FROM, WHERE, ORDER BY with INNER JOINS.

I apologize for not posting the portion of the code but it is proprietary and I want to avoid any issues. I've tried to substitute names and identifiers but it gets rather confusing.

Any ideas? I would greatly appreciate any suggestions.

[ponder]

We can't be of much help without seeing the SQL. Are the memo fields truncating in the query or in the text boxes?

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

They are truncating in the query as well as the text boxes.

You are asking us for assistance but not allowing us to see your problem. This is a bit like asking us to tune your car engine without allowing us to look under the hood.

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back