Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Members in Hunt group not ringing

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmeyers

Vendor
Sep 18, 2002
US
I have two locations with IPO 4.0 where calls are sent to a hunt group and some users that are listed in the group with the check box show they are in the group but don't ring. If I reboot the system the users now start to ring. The system can work fine then this happens.

Any ideas????

Does it work fine when you call from an internal extension to the group?

And is the ring mode set to group?

Thanks yes the group is picked and it does not matter if you dial the group directly.

I have seen this. It is a group with digital stations and for whatever reason various exts stop ringing on the incoming call. The group is set to collective, this is on 4.0.5. Only way to get it working again is to reboot. Yet manager shows the user as a member and still logged in to the group. I have this on 2 sites. Have a ticket w/Avaya seems like this might me new to them but who knows.

I had the same problem today on a 406v2 running 4.0(56601). Hunt Group members were changed but the change did not merge nor work until the IPO was rebooted after hours. The Hunt Group type is set to collective.

I have not logged a ticket with Avaya at this time as it sounds like a ticket was opened on or before the 19th of April.

Delete group, recreate. If this does not work, delete users as well from group. One at a time is best.

I would disable agent mode. This solved a similar issue for me

Cheers

Grant

Are you using advanced networking with distributed hunt?

Is it just the distributed hunt members that do not ring?

If so make sure that your group names are unique.

I had this issue on my test rig when i first started testing v4.

Because hunt groups are now visible by scn there was a clash between the two main groups names.

Thanks you to all for the good ideas. I will check some more,

Here are some updates to the people that have responded.

johnnjbriggsjr I am not sure its the same issue our problem was random users were not in the group but they looked as if they were.

aarenot I will try that last but the concern I have is the same problem on a different system is happening and I find that strange. So to delete then recreate is a last resort.

grantjb I will look at that.

Platinumguy No this is on a 406v2 single site. No advanced networking

Thanks again to all

RMEYERS,
If the cfg was written on the current software release then I agree, it is less probable to be helpful to delete, and recreate. If written on a previous release and upgraded, i would suggest delete and recreate as I suggested earlier.
It does not really take that long to delete a group, and recreate it.

Aarnot, I agree with that, This was written on a new config in both cases. I think its a bug but the jury is still out.
Its been several days since the last occurance. Now that I said that I bet tomorrow I get a call from one of the sites.

Whats is strange is a reboot fixes the problem. NOT THE BEST SOLUTION.

Thanks for your input.

rmeyers,
Been there, an install on the board, and an issue like this looming which a reboot will fix short term. I will admit I have logged in remote at 4 AM to reboot the system in question so I knew it had a fresh reboot, to get it through the day while I got the install done. Have I done that everyday for 2 weeks until AVAYA got me a soltuon, yep. Nothing like a private build and a hot cup of coffee to get you up after 4 AM in the morning.

Had the same issue.

Fixed the issue by renumbering the extensions with the tool in manager. Rebooting and renumbering back again.

My Ip office system is picking up time from somwehere, and I don't know where.

Its screwing up everything.

How can I disable the system from getting tome elsewhere, and just use its internal clock?

I am having the same issue. I remotely did a reboot to release a trunk line that was hung up the other morning and ever since then when a call is transferred to the C/S number it rings the alotted time then gets hung up in the que. Attendants are tranferring calls directly to the CSR's. I am told that a hard reboot should clear this problem unlss someone else on here knows of a solution..

Prflash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back