Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meeting requests go to all users??

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharper

MIS
Sep 4, 2001
IE
Hello,

I have an Exchange 2000 Server with Outlook 2000 clients. When someone sends a meeting request to another user everybody gets the request, even the user who sent it. When a user opens the request they get the option to respond on behalf of the intended recipient. Even the sender of the meeting request gets the meeting request. Could this be something to do with the fact that in AD user & computers the everyone group has read permissions on all users mailboxes

regards

sharper

hello

Do these people belong to a global email group !

I can only show the door, your the one that has to open it !

Yes. The meeting requests, even though directed to specific users, are also going to the global address for the entire office. There are other global address lists but it is not choosing any of those.

Exchange 2000 and Outlook 2002.

Thanks for your insight.

There is a setting in the global address section to send meeting requests to the entire group. You can set this on the Domain server or on the local client machine. Check to make sure this function has not been made default.

Could you be a little more specific? I looked at the global address settings and didn't see anything about meeting requests. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place.

I appreciate your taking the time to help.

Victoria

go to the email properties and look for the securty type. Check for security or distribution.

No security settings or distribution lists - either at the server level or user level. I also checked the delegates section and there are no delegates there.

This calendar is in a public folder on the exchange server, if that helps any.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back