Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meeting request lost and Meeting tracking not functioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenchr

MIS
Mar 20, 2002
US
I have two issues going on with Outlook/Exchange.
1) Recipients of meeting requests lose the meeting after accepting. Immediatly after accepting the meeting it shows on the recipients calendar but eventually is lost. The meeting is still showing on the organizers calendar which brings me to Item #2
2) when a meeting organizer checks the tracking tab it shows the response as NONE even though all recipients did accept the meeting.

This is Outlook 2002 (XP) with exchange 2002.

Thanks

-ken

AS long as it's server store...

Might also try doing a repair on Office from Add/Remove

The tracking tab will show none until the receipt is marked as read by the meeting organizer. The tracking tab is not intuitive. All it does is enter the information once the receipt is processed.

As for the meeting notice disappearing after the meeting is accepted that is normal. It transfers to the calendar after acceptance. Or are you saying it is disappearing from the Calendar?

joegz
"Sometimes you just need to find out what it's not first to figure out what it is."

Thanks for the replies.
I understand that the e-mail message disappears after the meeting is accepted, I mean a week later it is gone from the calendar! I have not been able to find any reason why and I don't think its a profile issue because it is happening to multiple people. At first I was just writing it off as user error, but it's been way to frequent and wide spread for that.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

-k

One thing just occured to me. If the meeting organizer deletes an attendee's response to a meeting so it is not marked as read (not recoreded in the tracking tab), could this cause the meeting to be removed from the recipients calendar??

-k

Not really. The two events should not be related. I have been trying to think as to what can possibly change this as well and I really have not come up with any real answers.

Is this a reoccurring meeting or a one time meeting? Are the attendees accepting the meeting request or marking it as Tentative?

If I can think of something I'll let you know.

joegz
"Sometimes you just need to find out what it's not first to figure out what it is."

I think they are all one time meetings, but the people are Accepting not tenative....

I'll keep trying to find something common denominator here.

thanks

-k

Bump ;)

I was wondering if this problem ever got resolved.

I am seeing half this problem with one of my clients. His tracking results show up as NONE as well. This happens even after receipts are processed and on more than one install of Outlook 2002 SP1.

I am considering moving his mailbox to a different server. That tends to "iron out" db related discrepencies. But if there is anything else you all can think of I would surely be interested.

Thanks!

Does the recipient have a PDA that they are synching (Handheld overwriting desktop) ?

Just a thought.

SL

Yes. The user has a Blackberry. However, this problem occurs before any synching.

For good measure, I looked over the redirector settings and don't see anything that would manipulate the incoming receipts.

Thanks for the reply!

Okay folks - I found the problem.

The user has delegates defined in Outlook options. Along with that, there is an option to send meeting requests and responses only to delegates, not the owner. i disabled that and tracking now works.

Just wanted to share that with you. Thanks!

delegate user is organizer of the resource calendar.
but sometimes the user can't see the tracking tab to modify the meeting request. Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back