Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meeting Request Issues 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

silver2kgt

Technical User
Nov 18, 2003
US
When users send a meeting request to Jane Smith or a certain public folder calendar, they immediately get a bounce message stating that the recipient John Doe could not be reached. John Doe used to be a user at our company but left and their user account and mailbox were deleted from Active Directory a few months ago. Apparently Jane Smith has been experiencing this issue since John's account was deleted but failed to notify us of it until now.

Background:
- Active Directory running at 2003 functional level
- Exchange 2003 SP 2 on Windows Server 2003 Enterprise SP 2
- Office 2007 SP 1
- Clients running Windows XP SP 2

Things I have checked so far:
------------------------------------------------------------
* See if the user had a rule to forward all meeting requests to another user - Negative.

* See if the user had a delegate setup (In Outlook, clicked on Tools - Options - Delegate Tab). - There was a user SID here, so I deleted it but no change. I even waited a few hours and tried again, same result.

* I have checked the public folder and Jane Smith's settings in AD to make sure there are no forwarding or send on behalf settings (Exchange General Tab - Delivery Options)

* I have also tried going through Exchange System Manager and looking at the mailbox and public folder settings but everything looks fine.

* Since this user object and mailbox has been deleted, I know that the Exchange server has been rebooted and an offline defrag of the mail and public folder stores has been completed.

Any ideas? [smile]

It is almost certainly a hang-over from when John Doe was a delegate of Jane Smith. When a user is a delegate and you delete their account, the back refrence to the delegation record isn't automatically removed (like it is in say group membership).

Usually the cure is simply to go into the manager's Outlook Delegate settings and simply clear the delegate info from there - but there is just a possibility that the UI won't show you it if the delegate rules have become corrupt (delegate behaviour is implemented by a set of hidden rules similar to normal mailbox rules), which happens occasionally. See for details of how to clear this information.

No problem - thanks for letting us know your problem is solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back