Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meeting request error - you either know this or you dont.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dellboy

IS-IT--Management
May 11, 2001
GB

I am investigating a problem whereby when a meeting request is sent to our helpdesk account from any machine the following error occurs

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: test
Sent: 26/10/2001 11:25

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

Bob Builder on 26/10/2001 11:25
The recipient name is not recognized
The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=Builder. co;l=EXCHANGE-SRV-011026102456Z-26097
MSEXCH:MSExchangeMTA:BBI:EXCHANGE1

The user Bob Builder - obviously not real :) - worked for the company and has since left, the user has had their e-mail account and logon account deleted. They do not exist on the system any more. I have looked in the helpdesk NT logon account and the user Bob Builder does not have any permissions or membership and does not show at all within the properites of either the helpdesk mailbox account or NT Logon account. Looking at the helpdesk physical mailbox permisssions there are no entries for the user Bob Builder.

If you can give me any guidance as to where I should be looking to remove the user/problem that would be great.

Cheers

Looks like he's on a distribution list for helpdesk staff. As soon as you delete his account the distribution list will then produce the error - you need to remove his name from this list and all will be well.

Peter

I've seen this sort of thing where the user who has left is a delegate of another user. When the meeting request is received by that user the system tries to send a copy to the delegate.

Could be totally off course with this one, but you never know.

Hope it helps

David

Thanks for the pointers but as yet this is unsuccessful. I have checked out both of your recommendations, the user is not on any distribution lists and is not a delegate of the helpdesk mailbox. Unless its a replication issue then I'll keep on searching.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back