Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meet-me conference - Host or Chair operations on VMPro

Status
Not open for further replies.

skaval24

Vendor
Mar 9, 2010
ZM
I have setup meet-me conferencing with PIN verification and greetings following the numerous examples here.

This is working fine, except I would like to create a Host or Chairperson PIN, with a flow that allows the host to enter their meeting PIN and then activate the conference. before the host joins the conference, the participants can get a waiting message that informs them to wait whilst the host joins the conference.

The idea is to have the host join the conference from anywhere, such that the dial the DID, enter their PIN and activate the conference.

Have you looked at the conference module found in the Standard Base Configuration created by Kyle Holladay?

Participants enter the conference and hear music on hold until the moderator joins

The moderator can join from out of the office by dialing the DID, but pressing **, then the bridge number and the PIN

TTT, I don't believe the moderator portion works unless you are calling from the phone system itself. It has to see that extension (moderator extension same as bridge ID) in the bridge for it to open up.
I just recently wrote a *huge* conference front end using a sql database for this very purpose. The IPO was connected to a CM and used exclusively for conferencing.

-Austin
I used to be an ACE. Now I'm just an Arse.
qrcode.png

Hi

Indeed bridge ID has to be moderator extension. That is fine by me,its working based on that logic. But participants are joined after entering bridge id/mod ext, I was wondering if it would work to add a step for PIN verification for participants as well? Am experimenting with this.

It still works to call from a phone that is not the actual moderator - as long as the bridge number matches the moderator's extension number, and the moderator PIN, which is stored as the Callback telephone number in the moderator's Source Numbers, is correct.

I have a PM with a VPN phone. When I join conferences that the PM is hosting, but the PM's phone is stuck on discover :), I will turn around and join through the module as the moderator with the moderator's PIN, just so we don't have to listen to MOH until the PM gets their phone working again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back