Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Medpro monitoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banexx

Programmer
Jun 23, 2005
NL
Hello everyone

I'm running a S8700 with CM 2.1
I'm planning to add more IP Phones but i'm wondering if i have enough ressources on the medpros.
Can someone tell me how to monitor the medpro usage ?
Status media-processor xxxx gives only info for the current time.

In advance many thanks

If you do a Google search, you can probably find a decent DSP calculator. However, there is a quick and approximate way to do this though.

Where I work, we put all of our medpros in the same network region and we assume that one medpro board (TN2302) has sufficient resources for 32 IP phones (because we use G.729 for most of our IP phones). So, we just take the number of IP phones we have (or want to have) and divide by 32 and that gives us the approximate number of medpros needed.

If you do not use any data compression (G.711) then I believe you can change it to one medpro for every 64 phones.

If you put your medpros in multiple network regions, you would do this calculation for each network region.

I'm sure this is not 100% accurate, but it is pretty close.

Hope that helps.

Does anyone have a link to the firmware instructions for a pre vintage 22 MedPro (mine is 13)? The instructions I find say "For TN2302AP circuit packs with a vintage less than 22, a different download procedure is required that is not described here. Go to the Avaya Support Web site" but I canot find the "Retired" procedure anywhere.

Thanks

Banexx,

there are two reports that can help you: 'list measurements ip codec' and 'list measurements ip dsp'. both are described in this document.

Do not calculate it via the 64 32 calculation, the medpro is also used for poort network communication, every poort network needs one but if you recieve a call via a ds1 in 01aXX and the digital (NOT IP phone) is on a digital board in 03axx you also use medpro resources.

Best is to calculate it together with the Avaya sales team.

Good luck

RJ

tafkaf,

medpro is used for port network communication in ip connect schemes. it is not evident that Banexx's running ip connect system, it may be multi connect as well and in this case (in cm2) port networks are connected over fiber, just like in legacy systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back