Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MediaTrix on CS1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrote

Technical User
Feb 20, 2002
GB
Please help?
I need to provide a FAX line in our IP only building (there is no copper). On our maintainers recommendation I have got hold of a MediaTrix 1102 and sourced some simple directions on how to set up the device.
So far all is OK, except the doc refer to setting up a DCS with an RLI.
Setting up the 1102, the NRS and the DSC presents no problems but the docs I have provide no detail on the RLI set up ( what type of route etc).
Does anybody have any idea what I ned to do here?
Thanks

Never used one we tended to use Audiocodes. But usually the the ATA registers to the NRS as an endpoint (H323 or SIP), routing codes to it are CDP. You would then decide on a routing code to put in the NRS to get your outbound calls to go to where your trunks are (this could be AC1 depends on whats already in the NRS). Once at the CS1k with the Trunks if you just used AC1 it would work, if you used some thing else then TSC or INAC Yes and setup in SPNs.

The outgoing prefix needs to be put into the ATA. To get calls to the ATA set up DSC of the extension you want to use send to Virtual trunk as CDP, matching entry against the ATA's endpoint. Another problem you may come accross is if you use ESN5 on your Virtual Trunks as not all ATA's can deal with it.

Like I say never setup the one you have but they should all work about the same.

ld 86, will get you to distant steering codes.. that part of the setup is trying to assin a dn to the fax.. you may not need that depending on your set up.. if you do look at the faq's here

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

do you have IP trunks setup already? if you have no IP trunking no RLI (for IP trunks) is built then. you might not have the Licenses (h.323 or sip) then either....

Thanks guys,
I've set up the DSC with an RLI that points to my VTRK (links between two sites). I can;t test it at the moment becuase I've lost my test cables.
When I've got those sorted (trip to Maplin) I'll let you know hoe I've got on.
Thanks again

Scrote

OK, we now have it working. IT was very simple really. We had to add routing entires for the defined DN into the routing table for the gateway.

We added 3118 into the NRS as a private level CDP. We then addedd 3118 into the IDC table and pointed that to 3118 (cnofigured as DSC earlier).

To make outbound calls we just had to add 9 to routing tables for the other endpoints.

Tested it and all is well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back