Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mediatrix AP1120

Status
Not open for further replies.

juldal

MIS
Jan 26, 2005
DK
Hello

I have been given 2 Mediatrix AP1102 to setup on a hipath 3800 V8, with an STMI2 HG card.

However, it is the AP1120 Cornet version, and from what i can gather from release notes, this is only supported on the hipath 4000 ??

can anyone clarify this?`, is it possible to load it with h.323 firmware instead?

Kind Regards

Juldal

Hello, the one we have are using SIP firmware, you can change the firmware from Cornet to SIP for the 3000.

I am (somewhat) familiar with the STMI card on the 4000. On the 3800, do you partition the card the same way we do on the 4000 where there are some ports set up for SIP and other ports set up for standard IP (or all IP or all SIP)??

If that is the case, and you configure the AP1102 like you would configure a phone, then try assigning it to one of the port numbers configured for standard IP rather than SIP and see if that works. On the 4000 you assign the phone an extension number and give it the IP address (gateway) of the STMI card and most of the rest of it will set itself up.

I have never configured an AP1102 so I don't know if this is right or not, but it might make a difference which port you use on the card is what I'm tossing out for a guess.

If I'm way off base here just ignore me and go on with your day! :eek:)

You need an AP1120 wich works over SIP. Then through ManagerE you configure one or more SIP endpoints. It's the same as you want to configure an IP SIP (not HFA) device to H3k. Give an internal number (and DID if it is necessary) upload the changes of KDS (CDB) to the system and from H3k point of you you are ready. Then you must do some configuration to AP1120.

Hi If you have access to ETAC and look for artical number 14757 it has a set upguide for manager E and the HGcard also how to set up the AP1120 on the system.

Hello

I solved the problem by putting SIP firmware into the box.

I got a confirmtaion from Siemens that the AP1102 Cornet is NOT supported on the hipath 3000 series.

only hp4k

thank you for your replies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back