Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mediatrix 1102 IP-Analog Adapter on BCM 50

Status
Not open for further replies.

subx

Technical User
Mar 10, 2004
DE
Hi there,

anybody here who knows the product Mediatrix 1102 and connected it to a BCM 50. Would be nice if you can post a "How to" or config file!

I can see already that calls are comming in but it is still rejected with unknown number even I set up already this number for one port.

kind regards,

subx

The customer who is using the 1102 (not the 2102!) got this advise from Nortel directly. They said it will work very fine... but now he has some problems to reach the extensions...

I thought since Nortel recommend this product somebody knows about it...

cheers,

subx

The BCM platform only supports SIP trunking and not SIP Stations. The Mediatrix 1100 series provide for FXS (Foreign Exchange Stations) ports via the SIP protocol.

Nortel does support SIP stations on the SCS500 and the CS2100 series switches.

You could however, download a free program called sipXecs (Google it) which you could setup SIP trunks between SCS500/sipX and the BCM product line, then connect the Mediatrix product to this SIP platform and direct calls across it. Sounds like a lot, but if you have a spare PC laying around and a little time, then it can't hurt. You will however need to purchase a couple of SIP Trunk licensing for the BCM to connect to the SCS500/sipX.

Note: the SCS500 and the sipX are basically the same beast. Just that the sipX is an open source program currently under development that was created by Pingtel (Nortel bought Pingtel in September 2008).

--DB

I need to correct something here..

Today I successfully connected a AudioCodes MP114FXS box via SIP trunks to a BCM50. Worked like a charm.. Took about 10 minutes..

So.. With that in mind, I am positive you can connect a Mediatrix 1100 series device through the BCM using SIP trunks.

--DB

The audiocodes box is trunking gateway, not a set. The BCM platform supports TRUNK endpoints, not USER endpoints (aka sets).

You don't connect a SET via a TRUNK.

Magna, I'm not getting them confuzzled.. I have an Audiocodes MP114 FXS device in which I can dial the FXS ports from a BCM50 via SIP trunks using Destination Codes. Can even configure it to dial out through the BCM50 SIP trunks.

So it's not acting as an USER endpoint to the BCM but rather a trunk endpoint, then the MP114 is configured to do the rest..

Works very well. I can send you the INI file if you would like to upload it and view it..

--DB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back