Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Media won't eject automatically after backup job ends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 13, 1999
MT
Hi!

I am currently on BEWS 9.1 and using a Dell PV 132T Tape Library. Even though my backup templates have 'Eject media after job completes' enabled, the media is not ejected.
How come? Has anyone encountered this problem before?
I've reported this problem to Veritas support but received no answer. Their service is terrible and shameful in my opinion!

I imagine that are quite busy with questions like this.

I do not know of a Tape Library out there that does not eject a tape on its own when its finished. The drive ejects the tape and the loader arm puts it back into its slot.

The selection your looking at is for standalone tape drives.
If your talking about it removing it from the slot, that is called a export and is not a option in a job. Although you can schedule exports as utility jobs.

Tigerdivison

Is the tape ejected from the tape drive and put back into it's slot, or are you expecting something else to happen?

All I want it to do is eject the tape at the end of a backup job i.e. put it in the Import/Export slot of my Dell Tape Library. According to a previous post this is not possible on a Tape Library.

Thanks

Tigerdivision

correct it isn't supported - it will only eject the tape from the drive and put it back in the slot it came from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back