Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Media remaining report..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russell5

MIS
Nov 18, 2003
US
We have good reporting on the status of the backup severs, such as thruput, success/failure, size, ect. The one thing I would really like to keep track of is the Media Remaining line that only seems to appear in the BrightStor activity log. It seems that this information would be really useful in determining which backup servers have tape capacity remaining for new backups. Has anyone had any luck in finding reports on this type of information?

This may be possible by using the report writer to create a custom report if you have r11.0 or newer.

However, one thing to bear in mind is that 'Media remaining capacity' is a drive dependant feature. What I mean is it depends on the drive you use as to whether or not it is supported. If you see the information in the log it is, if not, it is not.

Unfortunately the media remaining capacity is not one of the options selectable in the report writer. We use all HP LTO drives, and these support that feature. Thanks for the reply, I'll keep looking and post anything here if I find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back