Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MEDIA RECORD ID is different of EXTERNAL MEDIA ID 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gca007

Technical User
Nov 28, 2002
EC
hi all, I have a L100 library with solaris9 y vnb 5.1 without MPs. I have a problem when i send 4 jobs simultaneous ( at the same time) during backup in monitor device options appear that the RECORD MEDIA ID is different of EXTERNAL MEDIA ID.

Finally the job is stopped and the media change to0 FROZEN.
I did read some FAQs on this forum as example try changing slots a relabeling or use bpexpdate, vmdelete, vmquery.

But the problem is still present.

The question is what is the process to identify record media id and external media id.
because the 4 jobs is 1 job per client and each media have one pool different of others.

Thanks for your help.
Gerson

sounds like you aren't regularly inventorying the robot. you need to do this every single time tapes are changed in and out of the robot.

first of all you'll have to physically identify the tapes in question, then put new labels on them if they're expired.

thank's for you answer, i inventory each time change the tapes.
BUt the problem is the same, i think that the L100 need upgrade the firmware. But if you have other suggestion thanks.

yeterday i did download the vnb 5.1 mp3 file to server and client, today i try patching veritas.

thanks again.
note: when you say put new labels refer to change code bar label? if you anwer is yes. this option i did with other tapes.

ps make sure you also check out MP3a as MP3 was pulled as it has some serious bugs in it. i've a link here somewhere -
as to labelling, i meant identify the tapes that are incorrect, if they're expired label them via bplabel command....
..but you still need to identify what's cauing the media id mismatch

Not sure if you still have the problem. The problem is linked to the fact that your drives are not properly configured. Make a note of the serial numbers of your drives on the robot panel. Go to devices, delete all your drives. Reconfigure (add) each drive from scratch linking them to the correct device name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back